A Christmas Miracle of Healing

 I was 15. I was a mischievous, sad, malnourished teen, full of confusion and hatred. My dad thought I was a whore, and the whole school though I had never even kissed. For some reason, I was a target of malice. Many lies flowed through the hallways about me. My diet consisted of Pop Tarts, Ramen Noodles and Soda. I never drank water. I never ate fruit. I rarely ate vegetables, except those in season from dad's garden.

It was the first day of Christmas break, winter solstice of 1993. I was so excited to party with my friends. We smoked pot and drank beer. Other people at the party were doing other drugs, but I promised myself I would not do hard drugs. I passed out on the couch at about 10:00 pm, and next thing I knew it was about 2:00 am and I had to crawl my way into the bathroom. I pulled myself up with the sink, vomited, washed my face off and forced my head up to look into the mirror... 

My eyes were blood red. Not just blood shot, but the veins popped... solid blood red. I collapsed, and woke up a few hours later passed out in the bathtub. There were a couple spots on my tummy that looked like hickeys, I was positive that someone had given me a date rape drug, and left hickies on me. I passed out again...

At about 7, I crawled out of the bathroom and found my friends I had gone to the party with. They were scared of me. I recall my best friend saying, "Oh, my God, she is possessed by the Devil! Look at her eyes." It took two people to get me to the car, and when they finally got me home I stumbled and crawled to the front door. I made it. But now I had blue spots showing up on my legs. I was sure I had been drugged and was scared to tell my parents how horrible I was feeling.

I climbed in the bath with baking soda, and I drank a Pepsi, hoping it would make my tummy feel better. I tried to sleep it off, and by the time my dad got home from work I was nearly dead. He carried me to the truck and went strait to the Urgent Care facility close to my house. They checked me for TSS (by shoving a whole hand up my vagina looking for a lost tampon) They tested me for Lymes & Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Nothing. No one knew what was wrong, and I was sent to the hospital.

I was rushed into the ICU, and a doctor who had seen a similar case the week before, where the person died knew that I had contracted Spinal Meningitis. Anyone who came in to visit me had to wear protective head to toe coverings, and had to have a reason. 

My Grandfather, Thaddeus Ricks Tippets, dressed up, came in my room, and on Christmas Eve after my parents had been told I only had a 1% chance to live through the night he prayed. He laid his hands on my head and did what the Mormon Priesthood had taught him to do. He gave me a blessing in the name of the Heavenly Father in Jesus Name. 

I started to get better on Christmas day, though my memory eludes me of life for 3 days as I was in a coma... When I came back to reality on the 26th, I was told I would never walk again. I also had to have a surgery on my butt. The bacteria came out of my nerve root endings leaving scars all over my legs, and the bacteria filled puddles of blood were so deep at the base of my spine that they decided to cut it out. I had to be transferred to the University of Utah's Burn unit to have skin grafts performed. They took skin off my butt and attached it to my butt where they cut the bacteria out, and sewed together the 8 x 2 hole cut out of a butt cheek.

During the surgery I woke up. I was so devastated! There was at least 2 dozen college students watching the skin grafting surgery take place on my butt! I was only 15, and I have had a serious fear of doctors since. For years I felt so ugly and unlovable because of my scars, and fell into many toxic relationships due to the fact of feeling like I was damaged.

It has been 22 years since that day, and many many miracles have happened in my life since. I have taken a different path and carry a much different attitude about life than most. Every day is a blessing, and each breath and step I take is a miracle. 

All I aspire to do is please Jesus, as my life is no longer my own.
Full time mission work became a reality at 18, working with troubled youth and homeless people. Over the years I have been a shining light for all walks of life, and a catalyst of change to all I meet. I have spent the last 20 years studying the Bible & world religions so I can build bridges to Jesus.


If you feel led to donate to my personal ministry of healing and helping others know Jesus Christ and His mercy, please get in touch with me. I will never affiliate with any church or religion, and appreciate all my sponsors over the years.


Visit www.HolisticMinistries.US to learn more about how Priestess Kadee can help you heal in Mind, Body & Spirit and to see the precious, Sacred Cintamani Stones that the Lord has made available through her. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discipleship, OUR JOB!

ETERNAL LIFE and SALVATION

Love Thine Enemies?